Back to Career Center
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Operation Manager
Summary: To provide administrative support as needed by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes and maintains adequate records to track inventory coming into and leaving the warehouse on a perpetual basis.*
- Answers multi-line telephone, takes accurate messages, and screens/directs telephone calls in a professional manner.
- Performs routine administrative functions including word processing correspondence, memos and reports.
- Analyzes and controls shipments to ensure the most cost effective method of moving products to customers or other destinations.*
- Processes incoming mail to include sorting and distributing to appropriate individuals.
- Oversees all personnel interactions with outside services.
- Calculates and enters costs of goods and supplier data.
- Processes Workers Compensation claims by assuring all paperwork is filled out confirming status of employee.
- Maintains contact with freight systems and delivery providers to negotiate the best rates for each type of delivery required.*
- Acts as Benefits Administrator to include completing appropriate paperwork and processing updates as needed.
- Inventories and orders office and warehouse supplies and equipment as directed.
- Operates standard office equipment to include:
- multi-line telephone
- postage machine/scale
- photocopy machine
- Maintains entire warehouse facility in a clean, organized, and safe manner by sweeping, disposing of all refuse and unnecessary debris, as well as handling all required product recycling.*
- Applies knowledge of all company products and services to best meet the
- companies and customers’ needs.*
- Handles all repair and/or preventive maintenance and upkeep of warehouse equipment by keeping lift equipment charged at all times, continually inspecting equipment, and notifying management immediately of needed repair and/or service.*
- Ensures that all federal, state, and local safety regulations and rules are met.*
- Recommends policies and procedures to ensure the safety and security of the corporation’s personnel, buildings, and fixtures.*
- Arranges for periodic inspection of all safety and security equipment including fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, and motion detectors.*
- Negotiates agreements with suppliers to attain acceptable quality, lowest price, and timely deliveries for the company.*
- Understands and follows the corporation’s policies and guidelines regarding the ethical conduct of purchasing activities.*
- Prepares a monthly report by vendor of purchasing activity including price, deviations, quality problems, on time deliveries, and late deliveries.*
- Maintains contact with all markets and vendors from which the company
- procures goods or services through personal contact, professional associations, and trade publications.*
- Prepares vendor purchase orders, enters into computer, and mails or confirms as needed.*
- Maintains vendor purchase orders and quotation files.*
- Issues and monitors company quotation requests for all new material to be purchased.*
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Telephone Etiquette
- Math Aptitude
- Reading Skills
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy
- Keyboard Skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Prior general office experience helpful.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to; wet or humid conditions (non-weather), working near moving mechanical parts, work in high and precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.